Wednesday, August 19, 2026

Blog Post #1: My Top Five Sources of News and Information

 As a communications major, I believe it is important to take an impartial role in where I get my information and to make sure that I check multiple sources when coming across important news.  It is crucial to make sure I am 100% accurate in my findings, so misinformation or propaganda is not being spread.  


  1. 1. TikTok

  1. TikTok would be my number one news outlet since that is the app I spend the most time on. There are a variety of different people and opinions that can come across one’s For You page, so I can get information from many different angles.  Being able to access any videos in a matter of seconds with multiple POV’s is a great way to stay updated and in the loop of what is happening in the world.  I would recommend TikTok to someone as a news source because it is one of the most popular apps in today’s world and is one of the easiest ways to receive new information in a matter of seconds.   

  1. 2. NY Times

  1. Another great source that I turn to often is the NY Times.  Since I began learning about the news, the Times has been one of the most famous newspapers.  They have always employed experienced journalists who cover a wide variety of topics, from pop culture to international incidents to everything in between.  Their reputation precedes them and usually their articles are unbiased. I would recommend this to someone who does not know that much about the best places to get their information, since the NY Times reputation precedes them

  2. The New York Times - Breaking News, US News, World News and Videos



  1. 3. X

  1. X or as many know it, Twitter, is another great source of information to check up on.  Being able to follow many different journalists, hashtags, or sites is an easy way to stay in the loop on current events in the US and around the world.  X has a wide range of people who use the app, so there are many different perspectives and opinions being voiced.  Being able to have notifications turned on is beneficial for those who want fast updates brought to their attention

  1. 4. Instagram 

  1. I would recommend Instagram as another source of information because similar to TikTok, it is a very popular app where people can tailor their algorithm to their wants or interests. Instagram can provide that visual aspect that readers may not get from certain news articles, so it is a different experience for viewers.  Instagram also has fast updates that can be searched quickly with many different topics, brands, celebrities, experts, and others putting out information.

  1. 5. AP news 

  1. AP news is another news station that is a reliable and a more traditional source compared to some of the others.  There are experienced journalists who write there and are fact checked to make sure misinformation is not being spread to its readers.  One aspect of the AP news that I find helpful is that at the end of every month there is a short video of the most important news stories that occurred for that month.  That way, if someone had missed important updates, there is a recap to watch with pictures, videos, and captions to grasp the full concepts and stories.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Post #3: Eight Values of Freedom

W hen reflecting on the Eight Values of Freedom, one that really resonated with me was the Marketplace of Ideas (Discovery of Truth). When...